Fender Custom Shop 1960 Relic Stratocaster -
Aged Daphne Blue with Rosewood Fingerboard
A Relic for the Ages
If you're a fan of
early '60s Stratocasters, the Fender Custom Shop 1960 Relic Stratocaster is as
close to the genuine article as you can get without selling your Bimmer. The
'60 Strat Relic serves up the legendary spank, sparkle, and vibe of the
original — without an exorbitant investment and endless visits to your luthier.
This axe may looka half-century old, but it sports a supremely playable oval C-profile maple
neck and slab rosewood fingerboard with a modern 9.5" radius and 6100
jumbo frets. Spec'd with superb-sounding hand-wound pickups and custom wiring,
the Fender Custom Shop 1960 Relic Stratocaster sates your senses with its impeccable
tone and addictive playability.
Real-deal visuals: the
Heavy Relic treatment
Fender Custom Shop's Relic treatment creates instruments that are spittin'
images of the originals. Without sneaking a look at the neck heel stamps, you'd
be hard-pressed to distinguish the Custom Shop 1960 Relic Stratocaster from the
real deal! A period-correct nitrocellulose lacquer finish gives the guitar a
timeless, classic look, while the relic process gives you a guitar that looks
like it's spent time on the road. Nitro finishes — standard back in the '50s —
are significantly thinner than today's polyurethane finishes, allowing the
guitar to "breathe." Nitro finishes not only look vintage-y
wonderful; they also enhance the instrument's tonal qualities.
Fender's Custom Shop luthiers spec'd the 1960 Relic Stratocaster with a
slab rosewood fingerboard. Introduced in mid-1959, the thick rosewood 'board
would give way to a thinner veneer-type fingerboard in '62. Why is this
important? Well, we know that tonewoods matter, and some guitarists — including
many here at Sweetwater — prefer the sound of early-'60s Strats with the
slab-style fingerboards. Whatever your opinion about the sound, the slab 'board
definitely provides an additional touch of authenticity to this remarkable
Legendary Strat spank
The Fender Custom Shop's 1960 Relic Stratocaster is loaded with a trio of
hand-wound Fender Custom Shop 60/63 single-coil pickups that deliver all the
legendary spank 'n' sparkle of an original 1960 Strat. From chimey, glassy
cleans to chunky grind, these pups deliver the tone. And the middle pickup is
reverse-wound/reverse-polarity, for humbucking operation in switch positions 2
and 4. The '60 Relic Strat also features Fender's Tone Saver Treble Bleed
circuit, which allows all your tone to shine through, no matter where you have
your volume pot set.
It's all about playing
The Fender Custom Shop '60 Relic Strat looks totally vintage, and it plays
like butter. If you savor the feel of a played-in guitar with a just-right neck
and perfect fretwork with spot-on intonation,The '60 Relic Strat sports 6100 jumbo frets and a 9.5" radius so you
can bend up high without fretting out. It's the best of old and new!
Fender Custom Shop
1960 Relic Stratocaster Features:
· Relic nitrocell. lacquer finish
· 2-piece select alder body
· Tinted quartersawn heavy relic maple neck with oval C profile 790-970
· Slab rosewood fingerboard with 9.5" radius
· 21 #6100 jumbo frets
· 3 hand-wound 60/63 single-col pickups
· Reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup
· 5-way pickup selector switch
· Vintage Modified #2 wiring with Tone-Saver Treble-Bleed circuit
· 3-ply nitro mint pickguard
· American Vintage floating vibrato bridge/tailpiece
· Vintage-style tuning machines with Fender logo
· Bone nut, wing string tree with metal spacer
· Includes Fender Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity
· Body Type: Solidbody
· Body Shape: Stratocaster
· Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
· Number of Strings: 6
· Body Material: 2-piece Select Alder
· Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
· Color: Aged Daphne Blue
· Neck Material: Quartersawn Relic Maple
· Neck Shape: Oval "C" profile
· Radius: 9.5"
· Fingerboard Material: Slab Rosewood
· Fingerboard Inlay: Vintage clay dots
· Number of Frets: 21, 6100 jumbo frets
· Scale Length: 25.5"
· Nut Width: 1.650"
· Nut Material: Bone
· Bridge/Tailpiece: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
· Tuners: Vintage style with Fender logo
· Neck Pickup: Handwound 60/63 Single-coil
· Middle Pickup: Handwound 60/63 Single-coil RWRP
· Bridge Pickup: Handwound 60/63 Single-coil
· Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x tone
(neck/middle), 1 x tone (bridge), 5-way blade pickup switch, Tone Saver treble
· Strings: 10-46
· Case Included: Hardshell case
Gewicht 3,6 kg
Dit meesterstuk moet je echt gehoord, bespeeld en gezien hebben.
Deze gitaar is door ons persoonlijk geselecteerd-gecontroleerd op kwaliteit, klank en bespeelbaarheid.
Prijs 3895,- incl. luxe Custom Shop koffer, certificaat etc.
inclusief 2 jaar Fender USA Garantie en Gratis service-afstelbeurt na 6 maanden.
Wij zijn officieel Fender USA Custom Shop Dealer!!